SOF is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We have developed this policy for you to understand how SOF collects and uses your information. If we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using the website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
SOF may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are satisfied with any changes. If you do not agree or are not comfortable with any of the actions described in this policy, your remedy is to discontinue your use of the website. This policy is effective from June 12, 2013.
How we collect information:
Other than simply browsing our website, there are a variety of other ways information may be collected from you as you use our website:
- Making an online donation.
- Registering for an event.
- Contact us section
- SOF Scholarship Application
What we collect:
We may collect the following information, personal information that you choose to
supply to SOF and non-personal information: Personal information:
- Contact information including mailing address and email address
- Demographic information and personal information such as job title, postcode, preferences and interests
- Cookies that help us recognize when you re-visit our website
What we do with the information we gather:
Generally, we request and use this personal information to carry out the transactions that you request, such as making a donation and participating in events.
More specifically, we may use your personal information and non-personal information for the following reasons:
- Enter your information into our databases for internal record keeping, reporting, and data analysis.
- Communicate with you to obtain your input, provide information on our programs and events or request contributions
- Share information with third parties who help us manage our website and databases.
- Share information with our partners, affiliates, and other third parties who assist us with our activities and programs
- These vendors and service providers help us with functions such as fulfilling orders, managing data, processing donations, and marketing.
- Share information with third parties as required by law, or a part of a legal process, including tax filing.
- Reserve the right to use non-personal information, such as lP addresses, to identify a user when we feel it is necessary to protect the compelling interests of the website, our alumni, donors, customers, or others or to comply with laws, court orders, or law enforcement requests.
We do not share the following:
- Donor e-mail addresses are not included in the list exchanges.
- Personal information you provide to us with third parties, other than to specifically help us manage the website.
- Donation information
- We employ a variety of error-checking procedures, and our systems are subject to independent external and internal audits to ensure the privacy, security, and accurate processing of your information.
Your Credit Card Information is Secure
We use a variety of safeguards to protect the security of your credit card transactions. We use technologies and processes such as encryption, access controls, network firewalls, physical security and other measures. These measures make it extremely difficult for anyone to intercept the credit card information you send to us. When we work with other companies to process credit card transactions, those companies also use encryption and other security measures.
Your Personal Information is Secure
In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide while visiting such sites and this privacy statement does not govern such sites.
If you have any questions about this policy or the practices of our website, please contact us by emailing email@example.com, calling 925-380-6342 or writing PO Box 1316, San Ramon, CA 94583.